Members who are interested in shopping their health insurance are encouraged to contact Health Enrollment Management Agency (HEMA). HEMA has extensive relationships with many insurance companies and has selected plan options with multiple insurers, allowing for the most optimum networks and coverages (dental, vision, life, LTD, LTC, etc).
Save significantly on your workers’ compensation premium by joining the Ohio Funeral Directors Association’s (OFDA) workers’ compensation program administered by Sedgwick (formerly named CareWorks).
We partner with Sedgwick to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. Sedgwick embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The OFDA and Sedgwick can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
- Group Rating – Sedgwick's group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the OFDA
- Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected in exceeding 60% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating
- Deductible Program – This program offers discounts on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount
- 100% EM Cap – Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases
- Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others
- Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Sedgwick serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, Sedgwick has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, click here. You may also contact Sedgwick's Cordell Walton, at (614) 827-0398.