Join the premier funeral service association in Ohio!
For more than 130 years, we have promoted excellence in funeral service by providing great services and education to help you and your business.
As a member of OFDA you will be eligible for:
- OFDA preneed Master Trust
- Group health insurance and benefits
- Downloadable forms for your business
- Workers' compensation group rating
- Property and casualty insurance
- CE seminars
- Consumer brochures
- Annual convention and exhibition
- and more
Firm Membership (for funeral homes)
OFDA Firm Membership Application
Associate Membership (for individuals)
OFDA Associate Membership Application
Allied Membership Application
Membership Approval Process
Upon completion of your application for membership, our office will process your application in this manner:
- The district president in your area will review the application for authenticity
- OFDA contacts Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors for verification of an active funeral service license
- Applicant included on membership report presented to OFDA Board of Directors at their next scheduled quarterly meeting
- Upon Board acceptance, a welcome letter will be sent to you
- Following the welcome letter, a dues statement will be sent (pro-rated if needed)
- Full benefits are now accessible to you!
Annually, OFDA members are mailed dues invoices in November. Deadline for remittance is February 28th.
- Firm dues: Base fee of $210 + $3 per death certificate filed for prior calendar year. Branch firms only pay the death certificate charge. Firms filing over 500 certificates pay $1.50 per for 500-1,000 death certificates filed.
- Individual dues: $110 annually
- Retiree dues: $80 annually
- Allied dues: $225 annually